MCD boss accuses gardaí of breaking media silence agreement after Phoenix Park concert
on 07/09/2012 08:50:50
Denis Desmond has previously said that he was very disappointed with the Garda report on the event, which saw a series of stabbing incidents.
Desmond claims that gardaí and MCD met after the concert and agreed to speak again before issuing their reports, but he said that gardaí breached that agreement.
"At that meeting on July 10, both parties agreed that none of us would engage in any further media," he said.
"For reasons best known to the Commissioner and the Minister, they didn't adhere to that, that is disappointing.
"There are media reports that said that it did turn into a PR battle, and that it was kind of like attack is the best form of defence."
The music promoters published its findings into the events at the Swedish House Mafia concert criticising the Gardaí for their "low-key approach" to the event.
A number of people were stabbed and there were numerous reports of drug abuse at the event on July 7.